Monday 24 May 2010

plumbing, formwork & waffles!

i did a 'drive by' tonight and snuck onto the site at 9:30pm hehe. We have: plumbing in, half of the formwork box for concrete, wire mesh waiting... and ... a wall of white styrofoam?!? I had NO idea what that was for lol. I thought it was our bricks until i had a closer look. I have since been informed that it is our 'waffles'. I thought waffles were little black cones, so there you go.

It was hard to see much in the moonlight and my phone camera doesn't have a flash so no piccies to share :(

It was great to see the size of our house taking shape - it is much easier to see exactly how it will fit on the block. I was surprised that there will be quite a bit more yard at the back of the house than i thought :) I was worried the house would sort of swamp the yard but it doesn't, and we will have plenty of room for gardening :D

Whilst i was on the block (and avoiding all sorts of objects scattered around the place) i heard our neighbours over the backfence enjoying some grass... yes cows, not humans :P

I am tempted to go into town tomorrow (35km roundtrip from our current home) just so i can take some photos and have another look at the block :)

No comments:

Post a Comment