Tuesday 17 November 2009

kitchen!!

Yesterday was a busy day for me, first I went to the kitchen shop to have a look at choices. It was lunch time so i was free to roam and look at whatever i liked while all the assistants had their break. I think  i prefer it that way as i could think for myself without being followed around. Anyway I had a look at some of the larger samples of Laminex and other laminates.

At the moment we are looking at getting Laminex Coolum (pale blue/green with cream tints). This was a compromise between DH's blue bench and my choice of creams/browns etc. It will still be fairly adaptable but will add a splash of colour. It's fairly light so it won't be too obtrusive even if a future buyer doesn't particularly like it. See sample below.




and here is a sample of it as a laundry bench (it changes colour with the wood pattern they have used)



and as a kitchen bench:




I went through all the creams, beiges & brown laminate brands to find a match. I ended up choosing Laminex stone beige. It picks up the cream/brown flecks of the benchtop.

The colours together. Benchtop: Coolum Laminex, Kitchen cupboards: Stone Beige Laminex, Paint: Hogs Bristle Dulux (idea only)



I love the look of the kitchen doors with an arch design (eg in photo above with coolum bench and white cupboards) but it is going to be too expensive so i will just have to stick with plain laminate cupboards.


While i was at the shop one of the assistants gave me a copy of the kitchen plan :) He had only just finished drawing it the day before so the builder hadn't given it to us yet. I'll post pics once i have scanned it


No comments:

Post a Comment