Monday 13 September 2010

Cupboards & doors!

Just an update:

I visited the house on Saturday morning to meet with the guy who was putting in the blinds (not 'the blind guy' as I called him, confusing the builders who were trying to work out who was blind!)


Action!



While i was there waiting for him to arrive i had a chat with the SS who was having smoko. He told me that they would get the cupboards and doors on in 'no time' and confirmed that the painter was in fact coming this week :D. Eventually the man with the blinds turned up and we had a look at a few. He fanned them out and they all looked exactly the same to me :S I liked one called 'putty' but he thought it might be a bit dark. I had a look at the names and 'biscuit' sounded like a good one so that's what we are having (based on the name alone! lol) It is a pale beige(?) and should go well with the kitchen and paint we have chosen. ( I have no idea if this is the right colour in pic below but it looks similar, i just googled and this is what came up)














We  decided to go with 'hog bristle' by dulux in 1/4 strength for walls and 1/2 strength for doors, door & window frames etc. The ceiling and cornices will be 'ceiling white'. I considered getting frames/doors in white but DH insisted he wanted colour on the doors. Oh well, i'm happy either way so it wasn't a hastle.




While I was there choosing the blinds, the builders were in there busily working away. They had already done a few doors and parts of cupboards since I was there the day before :D
(This pic was taken on friday through the front window, when i was locked out)


The bath tub and another box have arrived and are in the garage. I didn't get any pics as I was there with the SS and he might think I was a bit strange (let's face it, he does already but i didn't want to make it worse lol)

Bring on the paint!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment