Monday 26 October 2009

TILES!!!!!

Today I went to the tile shop :)

Even though it was the first visit to 'just get some ideas' I fell in love with some glass feature tiles :) Dark blue, light blue, med blue & turquoise. What won me was that they have a kind of silver 'glitter' (for want of a better word) at the back of each tile that makes them sparkle. They look so light and fresh. They are little glass squares and they come as a sheet. I would prefer the long thin rod shaped ones but they only come in squares. That doesn't matter though coz they still look awesome!

I also found a large square cream tile (400x400) for the open plan living. It has a sort of white & brown vein in it which up close I didn't at first think looked that great but from a distance they look really good. I found all of the ones with only a feint vein in them just looked like plain cream at a distance. That same tile also comes in a 200x200. I haven't decided yet if I will just use the exact same design in the living areas and bathroom. As it is a small house I think it will be too busy to have too many changes in designs. But then is the same floor tile throughout too boring? I need to have a think about it and get back to you.

The guy there also found me a wall tile for the bathroom. It is a plain cream gloss tile that matches the floor tile. I haven't completely decided on it though, it went well with the other tile but it is fairly plain. I imagined the wall tiles with a bit of fleck or something, but I guess with the floor tile and feature having detail it will be ok to have a plain wall tile. I think I would prefer the floor to have the detail if I had to choose ones that's plain. It will make the feature stand out more which is what I wanted and I think plain cream will look clean and fresh. I'm glad it's gloss coz it will open the room up and it will be easier to clean :P

So there are the ideas so far. I'm half considering just using the same feature tile in the kitchen and be done with it. Like I said, the house is small and I don't want to add to many different ideas. The guy suggested I could use the same feature tiles but put them differently like in diamonds in the kitchen rather than strips. That way it will keep the theme but not be too monotonous. Hmm... something to consider anyway.

There are two other tile shops in town so I’ll have a look at them before I make any choices. Then my hubby & I need to sit down and agree on them all (he just wanted to see the choices and have a say, rather than waiting around in shops for hours & hours)

Anyway that’s the latest update for now. I’ll try and up load one of the pics of the tiles together. Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment